Monday, March 15, 2010

Project Coffee; City Cafe

Project Coffee continues. Friday Sean Scheidt and I met up at City Cafe  in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore. It is quite the chic place. Half of the space is set up as as a coffee house and the other half is a restaurant. Turned out Sean was friends with the head chef Chad Gauss and had even shot his wedding a while back. We met Chad who was very nice and was telling us how he's really pushed to buy a lot more locally grown vegetables and now meats to serve. Apparently, hitting up the local farmer's markets is a large part of his job. I think I might see if I can tag along sometime and do a little documentary on some food from start to finish. 

I've decided on Project Coffee missions I am going to order based on the barista's favorite thing or the most popular. The barista this time said she just liked coffee, so I went with what she said was most popular. Apparently, City Cafe isn't the most macho hang cause I ended up getting a Blueberry Hazelnut Mocha...it pretty much tasted like blueberry pancakes in liquid form. Apparently, the I am making a slow, slow transition to "actual" coffee. 

Sean ended up getting an omelet with sweat potato fries that was delightful way to clog one's arteries. I'd recommend it if you're into all that clogging biz. 

Unfortunately, there were no couches for me to leave my ass groove in. I know the world is a sadder place now. 




3 comments:

  1. and it was a tasty way to clog my arteries too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm hungry now after seeing this pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmamagaga, I want some sweet potato fries!

    ReplyDelete