Monday, March 8, 2010

Ellen Cherry

One of the first people I met in Baltimore was Kristin. We met in the way most people meet...on a Chinatown bus smelling of urine and that strange industrial blue liquid that is supposed to make us think it doesn't smell like urine. She was coming back from doing a show in NYC and I was coming back from wandering the streets of York by day and sleeping on an old girlfriend's studio basement apartment by night. A studio apartment she lived in with her current boyfriend by the way. You got to love starting out being poor! 

Turned out Kristin was a singer/songwriter who went by the stage name of ellen cherry. We talked all the way back and then her and man gave me a ride back to my place. As they say, the rest is history. Now who "they" be that says that, and why they were to lazy to actually tell anymore of the story I don't know. 

Kristin has since become one of my close friends and also a quality test model often humoring me while I try out new lighting or ideas. These photos are from one such "just kind of messing around" shoot from almost exactly a year ago. We also collaborated on her newest ellen cherry cd (New) Years, doing the album art. Check out the music and cd at her site here or at iTunes. 

Oh, and ellen cherry also landed the local FOX news theme song. So half a dozen times a day I can turn on the TV and think, "I knew her when..."




No comments:

Post a Comment