Monday, May 17, 2010

Project Coffee; Firehouse Coffee Co.

I don't know if this is specific to a certain type of person or not, but I've noticed that more and more I miss words in signage. Or even better I add in imaginary words. I made the choice for this Project Coffee location and told Sean it was Coffee Co. Not sure how I missed the giant FIREHOUSE part above Coffee Co., or the smalled seemingly unneeded extra Firehouse above the giant FIREHOUSE, above Coffee Co.. (Do you end that with a double period? Tricky)

Somehow I assume this place at onetime had some relationship with a firehouse. Either that or the owners found a bunch of firehouse memorabilia at rock bottom prices somewhere. The Firehouse Coffee Co. is located in Canton square, a cool little place that somehow I didn't stumble upon until this past month. The FCC...ooooohhh how great are those initials, maybe they should have just gone with that, anyway the FCC has actually a pretty good website for a coffee shop. Got to say most of them suck expresso beans. They even have a blog, complete with three entries since January of 2009. 

The inside of the place is actually pretty cool, complete with a lamp with feathers, Blues Brother's statues, a barista who Sean decided was Daria and of course fire fighter paraphernalia. 

Sean and I both had some sort of peanut butter frappe. It was quite excellent. Oh and this marked the beginning of a new trend, biking to Project Coffee. Somehow I had gotten out of the habit of biking anywhere, but I have resurrected this. Things in Baltimore are surprisingly close by bike. And all my emissions are green...although hopefully not literally that would be a little too comic bookish.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment