Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eddie Adams Workshop


This was a photo booth type thing done by Howard Schatz at the Eddie Adam Workshop. I of course am not in it, I was out being offered oral sex by my subject. No joke. Despite not being in this, I actually really like this piece. Hmmm, somehow that sounded crazy conceded. I actually like many people hate 90% of the pictures taken of me, so I probably like this MORE because I am not in it.

Howard does some really amazing underwater stuff. Makes me want an underwater camera bad! The work is very elegant with more than a dose of trippyness to it. If trippyness isn't a word I now deem it one. He also is a regular contributor to Vanity Fair. He usually shoots an actor and gives them a few different things to act out. Here's an example:


Left:You're an eight-year-old boy whose friend convinced you to shoplift the latestGrand Theft Auto.Now you're sitting in the security office at the mall, waiting for your father to arrive.
Center: You've just excused yourself from the table at a dinner party where you've been placed between the two most boring people on the planet, and you're in the bathroom, wondering how you'll survive two more hours.
Right: You're the idealistic young teacher of an out-of-control fourth-grade class, exploding after 20 minutes of complete chaos.

Anyway, yet another awesome product of going to Eddie Adams Workshop, go check it out Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment