Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Army of Me

Got the chance to shoot portraits with Vince from Army of Me. Eventually the photos we shot turned into the album cover and art for his latest acoustic ep Make Yourself Naked. Which is a very good album. I even bought a copy myself...which is saying something. But, when one of his songs is a response to a Bob Dylan song I couldn't help myself. It's a great raw album, very much stripped down from the normal electric work Vince normally does with the band. 

For this shoot Vince and I wandered around Fells Point in Baltimore on a Sunday morning. As usual I made sure I got my personal concert out of it. In this case it was even better because there was a bunch of random people around thinking we were crazy. At one point we were shooting in a tunnel and Vince was singing me Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2 and he forget the words. Two women were out walking and coming through the tunnel and one picked up where he forgot the words and started singing and she was actually REALLY good! I love when stuff like that happens. 

We hit up a diner for some breakfast and headed over to North Ave section of Baltimore and shot in this really cool alley that has been set up so people can do graffiti art. Finished up the last of my personal concert and then went and helped Vince's brother move. All in a day's work of shooting. 

Be sure to check out Army of Me's music either at there website by clicking here or going to iTunes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment