Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Snake Pit

Everyday I walk around and see people I would love to take pictures of. Most times it doesn't happen. Sometimes I don't feel like asking, sometimes I ask and get shutdown, sometimes I ask and they seem like they like the idea but never get back to me.  Every once in a while though everything comes together.

I saw Danny at the Ottobar at a Madonna vs. Gaga. vs. Brittany dance party. It was people watching at it's best and Danny was one of the most fun to watch. I decided his name should be Snake Pit. I managed to talk to him quickly before I left and give him my card and tell him I'd love to shoot with him sometime. To my surprise the very next morning I got a call...from Snake Pit!

Snake Pit turned out to be Danny, and Danny turned out to be super nice. He's in school studying journalism after doing 4 years in the Navy. Not exactly the back story I had made up for him, but that's what's great about taking pictures of people, you get all kinds of surprises.

Danny and I shot in several locations and were able to get some images I really like.








No comments:

Post a Comment